Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Problem with ONE contact only

I am not able to establish a connection with only ONE contact in FaceTime. When I call, video or only audio doesn't matter, this contact receive the call and his FaceTime ring but after he accept the call is impossible to establish a connection. The same the he make the call: my FaceTime ring bat I am not able to establish a connection - start a conversation / video call.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 8:49 PM

Thanks,

I am not able to say if the problem appears exactly after the upgrade but it seems a good clue!

My doubt is that the problem is only with ONE contact. Was it the same with the penultimate iOS?

Similar questions

10 replies

Apr 7, 2020 7:27 PM in response to LotusPilot

The call is between a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2014 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.14 and a old iPad mini 2012 with OSX 9.3.6

In both directions the call is announced, and when the other one accept it, his FaceTime try to establish a connection without success.

With the MacBook I am able to use FaceTime with anyone else, the same with the iPad. By the way: I am calling with my Macbook from Canada and the iPad is in Italy.

Apr 9, 2020 3:22 PM in response to HenryCorien

Good news! Apple has released macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Supplemental Update –– Restart Required

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 supplemental update improves the stability and security of your Mac.

• Fixes an issue where Mac computers running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 could not participate in FaceTime calls with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier

[...]

FaceTime Problem with ONE contact only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.