Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to FaceTime now, a screen appears that wants me to send a text message to the recipient. The ability to make a direct call is gone.

When I try to make a FaceTime call I get forced onto a page entitled "New Face Time" It asks me to Invite Participant though Text messaging (Green Bar at Bottom). When I put the name or phone # of the person I'm trying to reach my only option is to active the messaging function which takes me to a new screen with a blue bar "Join My Facetime" and a couple green bars. None of them activate. There is a white Facetime icon below entitled "Facetime Link". That also does not active. I'm hesitant to put in a subjective comment, but this is about as bad as it gets for someone who relies on Facetime, and is abruptly put offline.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:54 AM

Follow this please --> Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply

When I try to FaceTime now, a screen appears that wants me to send a text message to the recipient. The ability to make a direct call is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.