Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use a nano sim in one phone and an esim in another phone with the same phone number - so the number rings 2 phones?

can i use a nano sim in one phone and an esim in another phone with the same phone number - so the number rings 2 phones?

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 5:05 PM

No, that's not how Dual Sim works

Read here: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 7, 2020 5:49 PM in response to Harold Steinhardt

The whole architecture of mobile phone networks is a one number, one phone model. What you can do is get a VOIP number such as Google Voice (which is free) that can forward to multiple phone numbers simultaneously. There are also paid VOIP services that can do this, but free is good.

For example, I have a Google Voice number that is my “official” number. It forwards to my landline and my mobile simultaneously, so whichever I pick up completes the connection. I can also answer the call on my phone. And using the Google Voice app on my phone I can make calls that displays my GV number as my caller ID. And it also can send and receive texts, record calls, and it has voicemail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.