Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send files to mail anymore by right clic

Hi everybody

It seems that after one of the most recent releases Apple forgot to include mail in the sharing option.

It happens either I right clic on a file and choose to share it, and now I only see airdrop, notes, iMessage and it also happens when I'm, for example, in preview and clic on the send to button and no way to see mail among the options. So now when I want to share a file via email I have to open mail, and start a new mail and attach the file.

Anybody struggling with the same issue?

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 10:10 AM

Greetings, GiuseppeVasapollo.

It appears that you're not seeing a mail option when you try to share a file. The Share menu doesn't show Mail, and I'm glad to help with this.

Change Extensions preferences on Mac -- Go to Apple Menu  > System Preferences > Extensions > Share menu and add Mail as an option if it's not in the list.

If you're not seeing the Mac Mail icon to select, let me know.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 10:10 AM in response to GiuseppeVasapollo

Greetings, GiuseppeVasapollo.

It appears that you're not seeing a mail option when you try to share a file. The Share menu doesn't show Mail, and I'm glad to help with this.

Change Extensions preferences on Mac -- Go to Apple Menu  > System Preferences > Extensions > Share menu and add Mail as an option if it's not in the list.

If you're not seeing the Mac Mail icon to select, let me know.

Take care.

Can't send files to mail anymore by right clic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.