Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplane Mode

I have an iPad Pro 11 and have installed the latest iOS update, 13.4.1. I discovered that in airplane mode my Wi-Fi is not turning off as it does in my iPhone

Is that a change or a bug?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 3:42 AM

Thanks. I discovered this morning that that is what had happened. I had manually turned WiFi off last night after switching to Airplane mode and saw it turn on when I switched off Airplane Mode this morning. They now appear to be properly sync’d with each other again.

3 replies

Apr 8, 2020 11:18 AM in response to jonesrg123

Don”t forget that if you re-enable WiFi manually from the Control Panel when Airplane mode is active, WiFi will be enabled. Your iPad will, by design, remember this configuration. The same functionality applies to Bluetooth.

If you subsequently enable Airplane mode, to disable your Cellular functions, your WiFi/Bluetooth will remain enabled as preset.

This behaviour can be reversed, whilst in Airplane mode, by disabling WiFi/Bluetooth from the Control Panel.

I hope this is helpful in clarifying expected operation of WiFi and Bluetooth when Airplane mode is active.

Airplane Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.