Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus

Wifi on my iPhone 7 Plus does not switch off when in Airplane Mode. In an ideal scenario this should be switched off the moment you engage airplane mode. This works well on my Xs.

Find this strange not sure if anyone else has/had the same issue. if so, any remedy?

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:16 AM

I fly during traveling on business a lot. I do not wish to have the WiFi disabled as soon as I switch to AirPlane mode. This is because I would like my bluetooth to remain on (Connected to Apple Watch) and my WiFi to remain on so that I can connect to the Airplane's WiFi Network.

You can do the following to ensure that your WiFi turns OFF immediately when Airplane mode is set to ON-

Turn ON Airplane mode from the Control Center. At the same time turn OFF WiFi.

After the above the next time you turn on Airplane Mode then WiFi will be turned OFF.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 12:16 AM in response to u103443

I fly during traveling on business a lot. I do not wish to have the WiFi disabled as soon as I switch to AirPlane mode. This is because I would like my bluetooth to remain on (Connected to Apple Watch) and my WiFi to remain on so that I can connect to the Airplane's WiFi Network.

You can do the following to ensure that your WiFi turns OFF immediately when Airplane mode is set to ON-

Turn ON Airplane mode from the Control Center. At the same time turn OFF WiFi.

After the above the next time you turn on Airplane Mode then WiFi will be turned OFF.

Axel F.

iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.