Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi switches on automatically when in airplane mode

I switch on airplane mode every night before I go to sleep.

In the morning as soon as I pick up my phone the WiFi switches on completely on its own, while the phone still remains in airplane mode.

Can someone please help me keep the WiFi off consistently while in airplane mode?

I'm aware that if you switch on WiFi while in airplane mode the phone will remember this - this is not the case.

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 14.7.1

Many thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 9:10 AM

If you are turning off Wi-Fi using the button on the Control Center it will turn back on in the morning, as that button is a temporary “off” that disconnects from the current network, it doesn’t actually turn off Wi-Fi. If you turn it off at Settings/Wi-Fi it will stay off.

5 replies

Nov 7, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Chattanoogan

hi

thanks for your feedback

just checked and the iCloud backup is switched off, so I’m assuming this can’t be it?

I’ll give it a try to leave it off the charger overnight as suggested and see the result.

Either way in the long run I do need it plugged in and in airplane mode overnight, so not sure if this is a viable solution? 🤔

many thanks

wifi switches on automatically when in airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.