Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi on airplane or hotel

Ever since I upgraded to ios15 I have been unable to utilize / connect to Wi-Fi at hotels or on airplanes. I never had an issue prior to ios15

i have tried turning VPN off, reset reconnect etc..

I have sat next to people on American Irvine’s running previous version with no issue

please help I have tried on iPad gen8 and iPhone 2 pro max

no issue with any PC platforms, surface or laptop

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 7:54 PM

I connect to Wi-Fi network, then underneath i get no internet connection.

9 replies

Oct 17, 2021 7:42 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Kbackoehler Said:

"WiFi on airplane or hotel"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Other Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Safari is slow, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Oct 17, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Most hotel and airline wi-fi are captive networks and require a login. See this support document for assistance with that. Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Some airlines also require that you use their app and it will install a profile to use their wi-fi. Your use of a VPN can also complicate the issue.

EDIT: See this link from American Airlines for assistance, https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/experience/entertainment/wi-fi-and-connectivity.jsp or you can speak with the flight attendant staff.

Oct 17, 2021 8:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes I can access hotels with my PC that way, but ever since upgrade to ios15 can’t get the Wi-Fi to keep internet connection while on Wi-Fi to sign in. On airplane info through AA app and still get “no internet connection” with both iPhone and iPad running ios15.2

restarted - disconnected etc…

what should all my settings be - maybe I go through one by one to double check them all

Oct 17, 2021 8:15 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Kbackoehler Said:

"WiFi on airplane or hotel: Yes and you are correct not very helpful especially since people not running ios15 near me had no issues trying to understand what changed and over my last 5 flights have tried every fix that has been recommended still frustrated - thankfully PC not issues"

-------

What would the Stewardess Know? It's one of those Go Figure kinda things.

WiFi on airplane or hotel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.