Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't seem to connect my iPad to my MacBook

Here's the thing;

For work I use a MacBook Pro 2015 model with my work Apple ID. (MacOs Catalina)

Recently I got an iPad pro (12,9 2nd gen) and I tried to connect it to my Mac (first time) which has my personal Apple ID.

However, when plugging it in via the official apple lightning cable, my iPad seems to be connecting and disconnecting endlessly. Thereby I'm not prompted to ' trust this device/setup' or whatever.

I've updated both machines to latest versions of their software, tried multiple cables, reset the location and privacy settings, and tried pretty much everything I found online.

Does anyone has any idea what's going on here? Or better yet, how to fix it?

I will be forever thankful.

Regards,

Bram

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:30 AM

Your USB ports aren't currently being recognized. Only the internal devices are being recognized. Can you restart you computer while holding the "D" key? This will launch a diagnostics mode. You should get a code at the end that can help more.

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 8, 2020 9:16 AM in response to brabberto

You said you've tried other cables and other USB ports on the same computer, and that the iPad has no issues charging when connected to the wall block. This leads me to conclude the issue is with your Mac.

2 things could be at play here:

1. Your Mac could not be receiving sufficient power from its charging block to support connecting the iPad. Blocks and cables can go bad.
  2. Your Mac could have some bad USB ports.

Go to  -> About this Mac -> System Information -> USB are you seeing the devices there?

Can't seem to connect my iPad to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.