Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use the camera app at all

Hi it’s been a few weeks that I’ve been noticing that I cannot take a video on any app on my iPhone and I cannot take photos on my camera app but I can with other apps. I tried restarting the phone and deleting many photos (I do have sufficient storage left), I’ve also tried updating the IOS but there’s no difference and I’m still experiencing the problem. It’d be great if there’s a way out

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:17 PM

Hello fionaa0501,

Thank you for following up.

Next, make sure that you have a current backup. If you don't have one, you'll want to make one now: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

After ensuring that you have a current backup, the next step to take is to restore your iPhone using your computer. This will erase your device, but you'll be able to move your information back from your backup. Initially, set up your iPhone as a new device to test the issue. Here are the steps to restore: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If your camera works as expected after setting up your iPhone as new, then you can restore your backup to your iPhone to again test the issue: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Take care.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 7:17 PM in response to fionaa0501

Hello fionaa0501,

Thank you for following up.

Next, make sure that you have a current backup. If you don't have one, you'll want to make one now: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

After ensuring that you have a current backup, the next step to take is to restore your iPhone using your computer. This will erase your device, but you'll be able to move your information back from your backup. Initially, set up your iPhone as a new device to test the issue. Here are the steps to restore: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If your camera works as expected after setting up your iPhone as new, then you can restore your backup to your iPhone to again test the issue: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Take care.

Apr 11, 2020 11:22 AM in response to fionaa0501

Hello fionaa0501,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble taking photos and videos on your iPhone. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, try the steps here: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working.

If you're still having trouble with the camera, please reply with the following details:

• What happens when you try to take a photo or video?
  • Do you see an error message, a black screen or something else?

Take care.

Apr 21, 2020 1:09 AM in response to Teddy_B

Hi thanks for reaching out. I tried the

things that had been mentioned in the article and unfortunately, they did not

help.

What exactly happens is that, when I try

to take a photo, my phone becomes really slow. I realised that I need to press

and hold to take a photo, and I cannot take a burst at all because it only

captures one photo. And, when I try to take a video, my screen blurs up and

goes back to normal and when I click the record button, it looks like its

recording for a few seconds then goes back to how the screen should look before

recording the video.

Hope my explanation makes sense.

Cannot use the camera app at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.