Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the guides in pages? (Wrote a cookbook)

How to change the guides in pages? (Wrote a cookbook)

I completed a cookbook that I designed ion pages. The publishing company need me to change the size of the book to 8X11. Can’t figure out how to do this? Please help.

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 12:06 AM

The version number of Pages that you are using may be significant information in answering this question. Pages menu > About Pages.

Mine is 3.6.2, and getting rather ancient.

There are two places to set Page size. One is in Page Setup, found in the File menu.

When chosen, that menu item opens a dialogue with a number of page sizes to choose from (none of which, on my version, are 8 x 11 inches, and a useful item at the bottom of the list—Manage Custom Sizes:

(The three sizes above the selected size are custom sizes that I previously defined for special purposes, so they won't be seen on your Mac.)

Choose that, and it opens a dialogue on which you can set the specifications (including paper size, margins, and header and footer height and positions), then save the definition for future use.

The other location is in the Document Inspector, opened by clicking the Document button to the right of the Format brush. It is much the same as the one in the File menu.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 12:06 AM in response to Jemahld1

The version number of Pages that you are using may be significant information in answering this question. Pages menu > About Pages.

Mine is 3.6.2, and getting rather ancient.

There are two places to set Page size. One is in Page Setup, found in the File menu.

When chosen, that menu item opens a dialogue with a number of page sizes to choose from (none of which, on my version, are 8 x 11 inches, and a useful item at the bottom of the list—Manage Custom Sizes:

(The three sizes above the selected size are custom sizes that I previously defined for special purposes, so they won't be seen on your Mac.)

Choose that, and it opens a dialogue on which you can set the specifications (including paper size, margins, and header and footer height and positions), then save the definition for future use.

The other location is in the Document Inspector, opened by clicking the Document button to the right of the Format brush. It is much the same as the one in the File menu.

Regards,

Barry

how to change the guides in pages? (Wrote a cookbook)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.