Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pages Book Landscape Format - Why So Large?

While creating a class handout book in Pages, I discovered the standard format is 14.28 inches wide by 10.67 inches high. Why so large? It doesn't appear to be any standard publishing format! And when I resize the template to 11 inches by 8.5 inches, all of the paragraph and image styles no longer fit!

Are there standard US or ISO Page templates or do I have to create my own publishing/printing template with all the different page, image, and paragraph format styles? IMVHO, it would seem that Apple would have provided standard US or ISO template sizes.

Any suggestions or links to solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 9:29 PM

In the template chooser at File > New in your menu are many different templates for books and other documents. They come in different sizes and orientations. Have tried other ones than the one you are using?

If you don't like any of the included templates then you might find something suitable among the 420 Pages templates at

https://iworkcommunity.com/pages/

SG

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 9:29 PM in response to Cupak

In the template chooser at File > New in your menu are many different templates for books and other documents. They come in different sizes and orientations. Have tried other ones than the one you are using?

If you don't like any of the included templates then you might find something suitable among the 420 Pages templates at

https://iworkcommunity.com/pages/

SG

Apple Pages Book Landscape Format - Why So Large?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.