Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Dictation Timeout

I have a 2nd Gen iPad Pro and I am in need of the dictation staying on for longer than 30 seconds. Our work environment is such that we need to be able to dictate for extended periods of time in a google doc with several minutes in-between when we speak. (Gloves and hazardous materials are involved so we can't touch the iPad once we start our work)

I know that my Macbook Pro does the job, but only because I enabled Enhanced Dictation.

To be clear, being connected to the internet is not an issue. We don't need an offline mode, we just need to avoid the timeout limit for dictation.

Any way to accomplish this with my current 2nd Gen iPad? Any way to accomplish this on a newer iPad? I would prefer to not have to use some 3rd party app if at all possible.

I thought with all the advances with Siri and Voice Control over the last few years this wouldn't be that hard, but I am struggling to solve this by myself.

Thanks for any advice

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Hi I actually found the solution through voice control. I'm making a note here in case anyone else should have this issue as well.

Under Accessibility > Voice Control > Dictation > Dictation Mode.

I am able to leave it on, and set the screen lock mode to never and it solves my issue.

3 replies

iPad Pro Dictation Timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.