Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn of the green light in back of my watch?

How can i turn of the green light in back of my watch

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 8:54 PM

That is the light sensor for taking your pulse. Once you have removed the Watch from your wrist, it should lock and the light go off. The only other option is if you do not have the Watch set to lock when off with Wrist Detection.

9 replies

Apr 9, 2020 8:28 PM in response to connorfromgrinnell

connorfromgrinnell wrote:
It’s just the heart rate sensor. No way to turn it off. It’s fine.

...but why is it on continuously? I have never seen or heard of that happening under normal circumstances. I have only briefly seen it on my watch when removing it from my wrist, while it was apparently active.

I would also recommend the Restart which was recommended by ckuan.

Apr 9, 2020 9:03 PM in response to connorfromgrinnell

connorfromgrinnell wrote:
Pretty sure it’s checking to see if it’s on a wrist. The Watch is designed to be either on your wrist or on a charger. If it’s not on either, it’s probably checking to see if it’s on wrist.

...but (pardon the repeat) why is it on continuously? I just experimented with mine. When I removed it immediately after activating the heart rate function, I briefly observed the light, but it extinguished several seconds after wrist removal. When I removed it without activating the sensor it did not illuminate.

How can I turn of the green light in back of my watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.