Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News spinning wheel on iPad

Hi,

i have a 4th gen iPad running iOS 10.3.3. A few weeks ago, it started that apple news was not available in the widget or it would be available for a moment and go away. Then it progressed to when I tried to open the apple news app I would just get the white apple news screen with a spinning wheel. I can access news stories if I open them from the lock screen but no other way.

i have tried resetting the iPad to factory settings, deleting the apple news app and reinstalling from the App Store, logging out from iCloud and logging back in, removing news from the cloud and adding it back and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 7:30 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 10, 2020 3:34 PM in response to Demo

Well it wasn't going so well. I used finder and the OS updated but when I try to set up with my apple id, I get the following error KVSsynchronizewithCompletionHandler failed. So I couldn't get past the "It may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID.."

I tried another family member's Apple ID. The other Apple ID worked but mine did not. So I signed the out of the iPad and tried to sign in with mine and after a few attempts, It worked to login on the iPad with my Apple ID. I still could not open Apple News. So I signed back into the iPad with the other apple ID and could access Apple News. I logged out with that Apple ID and logged in with mine and now I can access Apple News. I have no idea why that worked. I am torn between hoping it was bricked so I could get a new iPad Pro and not wanting to spend the money just to read the news.

Thanks Demo for your help.

Apple News spinning wheel on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.