Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iTunes Match still work with iTunes 10?

I quit iTunes Match a couple years ago, but I am considering re-subscribing. My question, does iTunes Match still work with iTunes 10, specificially iTunes 10.7?

I cannot work with the layout of iTunes 12 or the new Music app for organizing music to send to the cloud. iTunes 10 is unmatched in performance and music organization, in my opinion. But, if it no longer works, I will stick with third party solutions.

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 6:31 PM

Hi steellogic,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you'd like to know if iTunes Match is still compatible with iTunes version 10. I am happy to help answer this.

While Apple does recommend installing the latest versions of software, including iTunes, you would still be able to utilize iTunes Match using iTunes version 10. As shown in this article, iTunes Match requires iTunes version 10.5.1 or later: System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support.

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 6:31 PM in response to steellogic

Hi steellogic,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you'd like to know if iTunes Match is still compatible with iTunes version 10. I am happy to help answer this.

While Apple does recommend installing the latest versions of software, including iTunes, you would still be able to utilize iTunes Match using iTunes version 10. As shown in this article, iTunes Match requires iTunes version 10.5.1 or later: System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support.

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Does iTunes Match still work with iTunes 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.