Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro left speaker croaks after the last update

Hi,

after the last update to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 the left speaker of my Macbook Pro 13 (late 2013) started to croak and the audio is very poor. The problem is that this croak is audible also at power on sound.

But It seems very strange to me that the speaker brokes just after the update.

I have already tried to reset the SMC, PRAM wothout success and to start the HW diagnostic tool but it doesn’t detect any issues.

Do you have other ideas? It could be solved reinstalling from scratch Catalina or it’s a HW matter?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 12:31 AM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2020 9:04 AM in response to danieledaquale

danieledaquale wrote:

Hi,
after the last update to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 the left speaker of my Macbook Pro 13 (late 2013) started to croak and the audio is very poor. The problem is that this croak is audible also at power on sound.
But It seems very strange to me that the speaker brokes just after the update.

I have already tried to reset the SMC, PRAM wothout success and to start the HW diagnostic tool but it doesn’t detect any issues.

Do you have other ideas? It could be solved reinstalling from scratch Catalina or it’s a HW matter?

Thank you

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Macbook Pro left speaker croaks after the last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.