Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incomplete Calendar search results

When I search for periodic events in my calendar I get incomplete and incorrect results. This seems to affect events that I have modified after original input.

I've just searched for a series of 10 appointments. I'm getting 8 results. Of those results, I had previously had to change the date of about half of the original appointments, but in search results they are showing up with the original date (from when I first input the series and before I made any changes).

In addition the search result doesn't show the first two events which are in the past. However if I modify those two appointments by for example adding one new character, this causes it to show up in search.

A final point. If I conduct the same search in Spotlight I get 10 correct results. The problem only exists inside calendar, no problem in Spotlight

Alu Macbook late 2008 running 10.1 El Capitan - Calendar Version 8.0 (2092.3)

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 12:37 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately this is a known problem with macOS 10.11 El Capitan and was resolved in a future version of macOS however your Macintosh does not support any newer version of macOS.

Similar questions

2 replies

Incomplete Calendar search results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.