You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic won't recognise my Yamaha Keyboard as a Midi Controller

Hi there, I have been using my Yamaha Portratone Key board as a midi controller for many years, through a Midi-USB cable. I then moved to a standard Midi key board for a few years but since it has broke, am trying to use the Yamaha again. However, now it doesn't seem to work? When I connect the cable, Logic gives the usual message that a new midi device has been connected, yet when I press a key on the board nothing happens...

I've tried configuring the Audio Midi Setup, the key board is registered and is said to be online but I have had no luck.

Hopefully I'm just missing something but I am wondering whether the key board is simply out dated and will not function as a Midi device on my OS (10.14.6)

Thanks

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Logic won't recognise my Yamaha Keyboard as a Midi Controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.