Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI Routing Issues - What am I missing?

Hi all,

I’ve got a hardware synth and a MIDI controller keyboard. Both are connected to Mac by USB and they both work fine together within my DAW (ie press key on controller = synth makes noise).

I’d also like to have them working without the DAW so I don’t have to fire it up every time I want to play around with the synth. I’ve followed the Apple instructions and made the connections between the devices in Audio MIDI Setup (at least I think I have) but nothing happens. I’ve got Impact Out routing to Prophet In. When I put on the Apple test mode it beeps when I press a key on the keyboard but the synth makes no noise. There must be something obvious I’m missing! Any help appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 7:52 AM

achillespilot wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve got a hardware synth and a MIDI controller keyboard. Both are connected to Mac by USB and they both work fine together within my DAW (ie press key on controller = synth makes noise).

I’d also like to have them working without the DAW so I don’t have to fire it up every time I want to play around with the synth. I’ve followed the Apple instructions and made the connections between the devices in Audio MIDI Setup (at least I think I have) but nothing happens. I’ve got Impact Out routing to Prophet In. When I put on the Apple test mode it beeps when I press a key on the keyboard but the synth makes no noise. There must be something obvious I’m missing! Any help appreciated.

Set up MIDI devices using Audio MIDI Setup on Mac - Apple ...

Audio MIDI Setup User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you still have issue—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 7:52 AM in response to achillespilot

achillespilot wrote:

Hi all,

Set up MIDI devices using Audio MIDI Setup on Mac - Apple ...

Audio MIDI Setup User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you still have issue—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

MIDI Routing Issues - What am I missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.