Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Editing Interoperability

When I make edits to a photo on my iPhone in the built-in photo app, let my iCloud sync (all sync options are turned on) and then open that same photo up on my Mac, the edited version is available but I am unable to see the specific edits I made on my iPhone in the Mac Photos app. Is there any way to make these visible? It would be nice if edits from the phone translate over to the Mac and vice versa.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 12:33 AM

There are some edits possible on the iPhone, that even Photos for Mac cannot recreate, for example the perspective correction. If you add adjustments, that only the iPhone can do, you cannot revert these adjustments individually in Photos for Mac, only on the iPhone. You can only see, that the photo has been adjusted and revert to the original. I hope the improved straighten tool from the iPhone will soon come to Photos for Mac as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 12:33 AM in response to foraging4veritaserum

There are some edits possible on the iPhone, that even Photos for Mac cannot recreate, for example the perspective correction. If you add adjustments, that only the iPhone can do, you cannot revert these adjustments individually in Photos for Mac, only on the iPhone. You can only see, that the photo has been adjusted and revert to the original. I hope the improved straighten tool from the iPhone will soon come to Photos for Mac as well.

Photo Editing Interoperability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.