Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart albums

creating a smart album with different search criteria seems to be the advise by a lot of contributors for searching for or narrowing down your photos. However, it's my understanding that once you create a smart album if you try to delete photos in that smart album they are also deleted those pictures from the "library". This is a huge negative to smart albums in my humble opinion. Does any one have some other suggestions??

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 11:35 AM

Think about it. A smart album searches for photos with specific features, i.e. keyword, text, etc. In order to remove the photo from the smart album you must change one of the features that the photo has, i.e. keyword, text, etc. If you're searching on a keyword and you want to remove a photo from that album select it, bring up the Info pane and delete the keyword. It will immediately disappear from the smart album.

For example in this smart album:

If we remove the keyword Photos from the selected photo in the upper left hand corner it will be removed from the album:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 11:35 AM in response to pmhart

Think about it. A smart album searches for photos with specific features, i.e. keyword, text, etc. In order to remove the photo from the smart album you must change one of the features that the photo has, i.e. keyword, text, etc. If you're searching on a keyword and you want to remove a photo from that album select it, bring up the Info pane and delete the keyword. It will immediately disappear from the smart album.

For example in this smart album:

If we remove the keyword Photos from the selected photo in the upper left hand corner it will be removed from the album:

smart albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.