Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail account already exists

hi there, I changed my Apple ID password a couple of days ago and now my iMac (27", 2012, running Mojave 10.14.6) has locked me out of all three of my email accounts. I have rebooted a few times, deleted the accounts and tried to add them again, but each time I get a message saying 'account already exists'.

I found a tip suggesting I log out of iCloud, then add the mail account and log back in to iCloud, which I am now in the middle of doing, but it looks as though iCloud Drive has to download all my files (135 GB) to the computer (over a not-very-fast internet connection...), which is going to take forever. Does anyone have a quicker way to solve this one ?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:58 AM

jondalar53 wrote:

hi there, I changed my Apple ID password a couple of days ago and now my iMac (27", 2012, running Mojave 10.14.6) has locked me out of all three of my email accounts. I have rebooted a few times, deleted the accounts and tried to add them again, but each time I get a message saying 'account already exists'.
I found a tip suggesting I log out of iCloud, then add the mail account and log back in to iCloud, which I am now in the middle of doing, but it looks as though iCloud Drive has to download all my files (135 GB) to the computer (over a not-very-fast internet connection...), which is going to take forever. Does anyone have a quicker way to solve this one ?

Sign out of iCloud and back in using the correct account/psswd

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

if you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 7:58 AM in response to jondalar53

jondalar53 wrote:

Sign out of iCloud and back in using the correct account/psswd

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

if you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple ...

mail account already exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.