Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

serial number unavailable

i got my macbook touchbar pro last year (2019), i am trying to get apple care for it and everytime i put the serial number it says unavailable.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:12 PM

You may be entering a character incorrectly, for example, mistaking a 0 for an O or an l for a 1. You will find your computer's serial number in About This Mac from the Apple menu. The serial number may be copied and pasted. If you are doing this already, then call Apple Support about the problem.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 1:12 PM in response to hana282

You may be entering a character incorrectly, for example, mistaking a 0 for an O or an l for a 1. You will find your computer's serial number in About This Mac from the Apple menu. The serial number may be copied and pasted. If you are doing this already, then call Apple Support about the problem.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

serial number unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.