Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number keypad after initial call (for passcodes, menu selection, etc.) DOES NOT WORK.

I have an iPhone 11 and after I call into work telecons, zoom meetings, or access other numbers, all of which are preliminarily successful, I'm asked to enter further keypad numbers such as passcodes, menu entries, etc to gain entry into the telecons, meetings or other department. For some reason, my screen keypad no longer recognizes me touching the screen, and I get a "call failed" screen because none of the information I press in is received by the other end. What is wrong? Do I need to reset something?

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:35 AM

Hi rrobert4,

I realized I had not powered down my phone in a while. After I powered it off and turned it on again, the keyboard appears to be accepting my numeric tones for a menu selection, after my initial call. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it on a password to access a zoom Telecon yet, but I’m fairly certain it will work. I don’t know why this happened in the first place, but at least there’s a fix! Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 11:35 AM in response to rrobert4

Hi rrobert4,

I realized I had not powered down my phone in a while. After I powered it off and turned it on again, the keyboard appears to be accepting my numeric tones for a menu selection, after my initial call. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it on a password to access a zoom Telecon yet, but I’m fairly certain it will work. I don’t know why this happened in the first place, but at least there’s a fix! Hope this helps.

Number keypad after initial call (for passcodes, menu selection, etc.) DOES NOT WORK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.