Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.1 keypad disappears during phone calls and is unresponsive despite pressing Home button

Since iOS 14 my keypad disappears during a phone call on my 1st Gen iPhone SE. Same problem with iOS 14.1. Operator: BT Mobile.

I need to enter digits to navigate through the usual automated menu systems but before I can, the keypad disappears.

I can press Home button to get back the keypad momentarily but then it disappears or is unresponsive to the digits. If I'm lucky I can get it to accept a digit.

This is not confined to one particular phone number.

It is not resolved by powering off/on the iPhone.

Anyone else having this serious issue?

Thanks in advance,

David

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:55 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I updated to iOS 14.2 and problem was still present.

I then reset my iPhone to factory settings and restored to a back-up and problem was still there.

I read another person's suggestion to clean the phone case and my screen protector.

Et voilà! Now the keypad seems to be working again during a call and I can hang-up the call!

I guess there is a difference in how the screen responds to input during a phone call and normal operation.

Regards,

David

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 6:55 AM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I updated to iOS 14.2 and problem was still present.

I then reset my iPhone to factory settings and restored to a back-up and problem was still there.

I read another person's suggestion to clean the phone case and my screen protector.

Et voilà! Now the keypad seems to be working again during a call and I can hang-up the call!

I guess there is a difference in how the screen responds to input during a phone call and normal operation.

Regards,

David

Nov 9, 2020 5:04 PM in response to djbustin

Hi there djbustin,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your keypad is not responding or showing up when you're on a call. We can understand how that would make calls that require that a challenge. We'll be happy to help.

Back up your data and check for an available iOS update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch If there's an update available, install it and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If it continues, use this link to reach out: Contact Apple Support

Take Care!

iOS 14.1 keypad disappears during phone calls and is unresponsive despite pressing Home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.