Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiw do I cut a couple of seconds from a clip?

How do I cut a couple of seconds from a clip in iMovie?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 2:24 PM

If the seconds that you want to remove are at the beginning or end of the clip, put your cursor on the ending edge and, while pressing down, drag toward the center of the clip. Expand out your time line first, with the slider next to the Settings button above the time line to the right. It makes it much easier to edit.

If the seconds are in the middle of the clip, put your cursor in front of the part that you want to remove, do Modify/Split Clip and trim the edge of the clip as above.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Press_it

If the seconds that you want to remove are at the beginning or end of the clip, put your cursor on the ending edge and, while pressing down, drag toward the center of the clip. Expand out your time line first, with the slider next to the Settings button above the time line to the right. It makes it much easier to edit.

If the seconds are in the middle of the clip, put your cursor in front of the part that you want to remove, do Modify/Split Clip and trim the edge of the clip as above.

— Rich

Hiw do I cut a couple of seconds from a clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.