Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text From Xfinity: Severe weather may be causing service interruptions in your area.

Concerned with my Mac:

Text Message on Utilities:

This is a First:

Has anyone ever received such a message as this. It’s tough to decipher.

Seems like no scam, but with all that is going on out there, what do you think?

I’m not in the area where you’d expect to get such a message. By it’s wording, I plan to keep my Mac off for a day or so.

Is this inferring that my Mac might be damaged?

Screenshot if the Message:

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:13 PM

That message is simply referring to xfinity’s online resources to check coverage and outages - e.g. https://www.xfinity.com/support/status With all the recent thunderstorms, tornados and other sever weather, I’m sure a lot of their customers are experiencing outages.

11 replies

Apr 13, 2020 8:12 PM in response to Michael Black

Michael Black Said:

"That message is simply referring to xfinity’s online resources to check coverage and outages - e.g. https://www.xfinity.com/support/status With all the recent thunderstorms, tornados and other sever weather, I’m sure a lot of their customers are experiencing outages."

-------

Michael Black,

Looking back, weather was tough. I'm elsewhere for the night.

Thank you kindly for the reply. I have never received that message before.

So, Xfinity approved of the message's authenticity.

Thank you kindly.

Text From Xfinity: Severe weather may be causing service interruptions in your area.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.