Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stream my PC itunes movies to my ipad mini

With the old apple video app I could stream my PC iTunes movies to my iPhone and IPad Mini 4. How do I do that with the latest Apple operating system and apps?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 4:25 PM

Thanks again. Shared Music and TV Shared Movies are now

working perfectly on both my iPhone and iPad mini 4. I have over 30,000 songs and

several hundred videos/movies on my PC in iTunes. Here is what I did: On my PC,

I turned off iTunes Home Sharing and turned it back on and restarted the PC. I did the same for Home

Sharing in Settings Music and in Setting TV on both the iPhone and iPad. Next, the

sharing option appeared on both devices under the Library heading for both Music and TV. Again, thanks

for your help. By the way, the shared movie links took a long time to load...over 30 minutes; moreover, they finally loaded. The Music links loaded almost instantly.

Thanks again for you your help ... it was invaluable.

Bryce

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 4:25 PM in response to MichelPM

Thanks again. Shared Music and TV Shared Movies are now

working perfectly on both my iPhone and iPad mini 4. I have over 30,000 songs and

several hundred videos/movies on my PC in iTunes. Here is what I did: On my PC,

I turned off iTunes Home Sharing and turned it back on and restarted the PC. I did the same for Home

Sharing in Settings Music and in Setting TV on both the iPhone and iPad. Next, the

sharing option appeared on both devices under the Library heading for both Music and TV. Again, thanks

for your help. By the way, the shared movie links took a long time to load...over 30 minutes; moreover, they finally loaded. The Music links loaded almost instantly.

Thanks again for you your help ... it was invaluable.

Bryce

Apr 15, 2020 2:25 PM in response to leross

No one here has seen any posts, here in the iPad support communities, about issues/difficulties with the iTunes Home Sharing feature since iPadOS 13 got introduced.

No one here has no way to know if your paricular use case, with a large iTunes music and video library, is what is causing issues, or not, with the iOS/macOS/iTunes Home Sharing feature.

I would submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 14, 2020 11:53 AM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your super fast response. I use Home Sharing between my PC, Windows 10, with iTunes (latest update) to stream to my 5 AppleTVs (2 4s and 3 3s). However, I am not able to stream my iTunes movies to my iPhone or iPad Mini 4. My iPad Mini 4 has the latest OS and Apps. What are the step by step instructions for streaming my iTunes movies to my iPad Mini 4? I have opened the AppleTV app on my iPad but do not see any Home Sharing or Libraray Sharing button. Please be very detailed in your reply. The inability occurred when Apple eliminated the Apple Video app.

Apr 14, 2020 12:07 PM in response to MichelPM

Again, thanks for the super fast reply. I reviewed the link instructions. When I open the AppleTV App on the my iPad, it only shows Recent Purchases; TV Shows; and Movies. It does not show a button for iTunes Library (nor any other choice. How do I confirm that my iPad Mini 4 has Home Sharing turned on? Note: I think it is because when I go to Settings on the iPad and select TV, it shows HOME SHARING bottom right with my Apple ID: in Blue. What should I do?

Apr 14, 2020 12:32 PM in response to leross

Did you read and follow all instructions carefully?

On iOS devices and in iTunes on your computer, you tap or click on your Apple ID, then you have to login with your Apple ID password.

On your various iOS devices did you go into the Settings app and under both Music Settings and TV App Settings and tap/login to your Apple ID and enter your Apple ID password to activate Home Sharing there, first?

Have you logged into Home Sharing within iTunes on your PC.

All of these devices need to be logged into the same Apple ID and password for Home Sharing to appear as a menu option in both the Music and TV apps on your various iOS devices.

Apr 15, 2020 9:50 AM in response to leross

Sadly, there is still an issue with the TV app on both

devices…iPad mini 4 and iPhone. The TV App from Apple is very UNSTABLE when trying

to use the TV app to connect with my large iTunes Video Library on my PC. The

Music app used to connect with my 30,000 songs plus iTunes Music Library is

totally SOLID.

When starting the TV app, the Home Sharing button does not

always appear under Library. Sometimes it takes several minutes to appear.

Sometimes it never appears. Restarting the app and sometimes logging out and

back into Home Sharing on the Device will cause it to appear. When it

Does appear and you select My Library (upper center) it goes

to a new screen where there is a buffering symbol labeled “Loading”. When the

Home Sharing button does show and the My Library arrow is clicked, it takes a

long time for the Video Index to appear on the left side of the screen. After more

time, the video artwork for each video finally appears. When you click on a video

it goes to a new screen showing the video art and a start button. When you

click the start button, it does not start on the iPad. A popup appears saying “Problem

loading video” (Note: this is not the exact wording) Note: The video does play

on the iPhone. On both devices the availability of the Video Library can

disappear at any time. This occurs when you click on anything new or move

backwards through the app. Right now, the TV app for connecting to my iTunes

videos on my PC is not usable on either device…too much time required and too

frustrating.

Do we just wait for Apple to fix/improve the TV app. The

previous TV app worked on a SOLID basis but there appears to be no way to go

back to it. What do you suggest?

Stream my PC itunes movies to my ipad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.