Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes won’t backup to iCloud

it tells me to go to “‘manage storage” to add notes to backup but notes it not there. I have it turned on for iCloud but it still won’t backup. Any Ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:32 AM

Hi boydaway605,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing a message regarding Notes and other data not being included with your iCloud backup, but you show Notes enable to sync to iCloud. I can see why you'd reach out about this message; I'd like to help. The message you're seeing isn't out of the ordinary, and usually pertains to third party apps that can also sync their data with iCloud. Notes and some other information stored in iCloud would not be included since it is synced separately:

"Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice Memos, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive."

What does iCloud back up?

I'd recommend trying the following steps:

• Tap Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > Backups > Your iPhone; review the apps listed in Choose Data to Back Up.
  • Verify you're using the most recent iOS for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • If you're already up-to-date, restart your iPhone.
  • Verify you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi network, or try another network if available.
  • Start a manual iCloud backup again.

If you're prompted about your Notes again, please provide these details:

If you log in to iCloud.com do you see your Notes data synced and up-to-date?

Do you use more than one account with Notes, such as a third-party email account? You can check this in Settings > Notes > Accounts.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 10:32 AM in response to boydaway605

Hi boydaway605,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing a message regarding Notes and other data not being included with your iCloud backup, but you show Notes enable to sync to iCloud. I can see why you'd reach out about this message; I'd like to help. The message you're seeing isn't out of the ordinary, and usually pertains to third party apps that can also sync their data with iCloud. Notes and some other information stored in iCloud would not be included since it is synced separately:

"Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice Memos, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive."

What does iCloud back up?

I'd recommend trying the following steps:

• Tap Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > Backups > Your iPhone; review the apps listed in Choose Data to Back Up.
  • Verify you're using the most recent iOS for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • If you're already up-to-date, restart your iPhone.
  • Verify you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi network, or try another network if available.
  • Start a manual iCloud backup again.

If you're prompted about your Notes again, please provide these details:

If you log in to iCloud.com do you see your Notes data synced and up-to-date?

Do you use more than one account with Notes, such as a third-party email account? You can check this in Settings > Notes > Accounts.

Best Regards.

Notes won’t backup to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.