Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not backed up to iCloud

Hi folks,

I am on macOS Monterey. It came to my attention that Notes is nowhere to be found on iCloud despite having been checked in iCloud options (see snapshot). iCloud Drive does not show Notes either. Can Notes be backed up to iCloud at all? If yes, how?

Also, is it a good idea to have "Optimize Mac Storage" checked?

Please, let me know. Thanks!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:17 PM

See the article Use Notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note : iCloud Drive doesn't not save notes , the function of it is described in the article Use iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read Optimise storage space on your Mac – Apple Support

8 replies

Feb 26, 2022 6:01 AM in response to dubwisedude

It depends how is Apple ID created in Mac , create a gmail account on web make sure the web mail address is signed as an Apple ID the password should be exactly the same for both , the notes box is always checked in Mac system preferences .

The notes will be saved on iCloud as well in gmail notes account .

Even you erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS , you remember the account credentials and same way the account is signed in , the notes will always sync and never lost , try it .

Notes not backed up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.