Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID login

I’m trying to log into the App Store on my iPad. Every time I enter the correct details it says a verification code is required to sign in. The code comes up on my iPhone, but there’s nowhere to put the code in on my iPad. Have tried this numerous times with different things and nothing has worked

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 3:26 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2020 3:31 PM in response to MattyD023

You should be able to enter it where your passcode goes. And, in fact, try your passcode if what you receivee elsewhere doesn't work.

Also see, See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italicsbelow.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

Apple ID login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.