Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 12.9 dead spots

Hey so I purchased the 12.9 inch iPad Pro about a year or two ago and am out of warranty . I noticed that my iPad has dead zones. I looked online and the price is 600 but since the covid 19 has started I lost the job I had and can not afford $600 for a screen repair. I wanted to ask if purchasing AppleCare for the iPad and then getting a entire new screen replacement will it be cheaper? and will it fix the dead spots issue? Btw the spots still work if I go over it several times but the first time doing it it won’t and it’s really frustrating trying to design something when the iPad doesn’t even want to work :( please help

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:58 PM

You are far past being able to purchase extended AppleCare+ foe that iPad.

Apple ONLY allows 60 days from the newly purchase date to apply for extended AppleCare+

If you would have purchased extended AppleCare+ then, a replacement device for this defect would have cost a very small device replacement fee.

As it is now, you are far too late to purchase any form of AppleCare.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 9:58 PM in response to Mrpuppetless

You are far past being able to purchase extended AppleCare+ foe that iPad.

Apple ONLY allows 60 days from the newly purchase date to apply for extended AppleCare+

If you would have purchased extended AppleCare+ then, a replacement device for this defect would have cost a very small device replacement fee.

As it is now, you are far too late to purchase any form of AppleCare.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iPad Pro 12.9 dead spots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.