Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes/iCloud/Apple ID/Other Issues After Stopping Family Sharing

I used to be a part of family sharing with my dad and step-mom (they were the creator/heads). I disconnected from the family sharing later as it didn't work out for me. However, now I cannot change the billing address on my account from theirs to my own and I am now receiving emails from iTunes meant for me but that are addressed with her name. My apple ID has the correct name but the wrong billing address, but won't allow me to change it. I am unsure where else my billing address is incorrect as well as where the mistake in my name is. How and where can I correct this so my billing address is correct and my name is correct?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:24 AM

When you left Family Sharing, did you follow the steps in the article below?

Family Sharing - Leave.          

If so, since leaving Family Sharing, have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting your phone, and signing back in to see if that helps?

Something to try. Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

If necessary, contact iTunes Support.

iTunes Support – world wide        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 8:24 AM in response to LilL44

When you left Family Sharing, did you follow the steps in the article below?

Family Sharing - Leave.          

If so, since leaving Family Sharing, have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting your phone, and signing back in to see if that helps?

Something to try. Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

If necessary, contact iTunes Support.

iTunes Support – world wide        

iTunes/iCloud/Apple ID/Other Issues After Stopping Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.