Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wobbly volume up button on new iPad Pro 11"

Hi.

I just purchased a new iPad Pro 11" and I immediately noticed that the volume up button is wobbly. The power button and the volume down are rock solid so there is clearly something wrong with the button on my device.

Since all of the apple retail stores are closed, where am I to go to have this either repaired or replaced?

Cheers.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 3:14 AM

Given these unprecedented times and widespread closure of Apple Stores, Apple has very generously extended the unconditional return-period for purchases. This FAQ will provide many of the answers that you’ll be looking for:

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/store/temporary_closures

If you intend to make use of the extended return period, because you are unhappy with your iPad, I would advise that you make contact with Apple Support to at least register your intention to return the item. This step shouldn’t be necessary, but may give you peace-of-mind in having done so - as a record of your conversation (i.e., a case number) should exist.

At present, the best direct route to Apple Support will likely be the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in resolving any issues you may have with your new iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 3:14 AM in response to ChrisManns

Given these unprecedented times and widespread closure of Apple Stores, Apple has very generously extended the unconditional return-period for purchases. This FAQ will provide many of the answers that you’ll be looking for:

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/store/temporary_closures

If you intend to make use of the extended return period, because you are unhappy with your iPad, I would advise that you make contact with Apple Support to at least register your intention to return the item. This step shouldn’t be necessary, but may give you peace-of-mind in having done so - as a record of your conversation (i.e., a case number) should exist.

At present, the best direct route to Apple Support will likely be the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in resolving any issues you may have with your new iPad.

Apr 17, 2020 1:27 PM in response to ChrisManns

Hello Chris,

Yes, I had this same issue, but mine was the volume down button. I am in the processes of exchanging it from the store I bought it from. Called Apple support about it and apparently it’s not covered by their manufacturing warranty and they said I would owe around $200 to fix it without AppleCare and around $90 with it. Hopefully the next one that comes doesn’t have this issue... If it does, I will probably get a refund. Truly upsetting because I was hoping to have a good upgrade from my air 2 from 2014.

Wobbly volume up button on new iPad Pro 11"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.