ipad pro,button problem

Hello everyone, I bought an ipad pro 2023, but I found that the volume up button (in portrait orientation) of this device has a small problem, the specific feeling is that the button is a bit stiff when pressed, unlike many I have used Apple device. I can feel it, but I'm not sure whether this problem has reached the level where I can apply for after-sales service.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 4:34 AM

Do you have a fitted case? If so, remove the case - as these sometimes interfere with mechanical operation of physical buttons.

If no case is fitted, check for dirt or other contamination around the button, cleaning if necessary:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Otherwise, it’s never too early to have your iPad checked by an Apple technician if something required attention. can visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad at not cost. If further attention is required, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 4:34 AM in response to smithyc123

Do you have a fitted case? If so, remove the case - as these sometimes interfere with mechanical operation of physical buttons.

If no case is fitted, check for dirt or other contamination around the button, cleaning if necessary:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Otherwise, it’s never too early to have your iPad checked by an Apple technician if something required attention. can visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad at not cost. If further attention is required, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

ipad pro,button problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.