Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long would it take to update my iOS from 11.4 to the newest update with 13?

I’m risking getting blasted for asking those, and the reason behind it, so I’m hoping for a simple answer if possible. In the past I would upgrade my phone every year so I didn’t need to update the iOS but for the past few years I haven’t been able to. I have an iPhone X that came with 11.4 when I got it in August of 2018. Over the years of hearing various nightmare stories about new updates either killing battery life or breaking certain features, I was petrified to update at all. I hate to admit that along with my computer, my phone is so important to me that I’d be a wreck if something happened to it. I’ve gotten by fine other than an occasional app in the iTunes Store saying that to download said app I’d have to update my iOS. Not a big deal. But recently I’m seeing it more and more. Plus I want to get a pair of AirPod pros which require an update to get the most out of them. I always back up my phone to my computer and been very lucky to never have a serious issue with any back ups. I do have unusually high anxiety so I always try to live by ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’. But I feel like I need to just bite the bullet and update. This is where my question comes in. My X is still on 11.4, so if I update to the most recent version of 13, will it take longer because there’s such a huge space of time between the two? Like is there more that will go into it than just a quick .1 update for example? It would be good to know so I can plan around a time when I can go without using it. I do many things on it so it would leave a hole that I would have to fill while I was waiting. Listening to music, watching videos, playing games, text, and calls. If I could get a ballpark figure on how long the update would take, it would make it easier to plan for. I’ve searches google up and down and nothing. So can anyone here help me with this? I would so really appreciate it.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 12:30 PM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2020 7:25 AM in response to LD150

peter_watt thank you for your response. Whenever I do any kind of updating I do it through iTunes after backing your my phone up to the computer. I was just concerned the length of time the update would take since it would have to bypass several updates to get to the current one. But it sounds like it won’t take too long anyway? I just asked because it would be good to know a rough ballpark figure so I could set aside some time to do it.

How long would it take to update my iOS from 11.4 to the newest update with 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.