Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated 6th gen iPod touch can't control from vehicle anymore.

I use a 6th gen iPod touch in my car. Connected by USB, no Apple car play or bluetooth, just use to play music downloaded from my iTunes library. Always left in the console, controls from car touchscreen and steering wheel buttons. Recently did an update, now i have to hit play on the iPod in Apple music app to start playing. Plus, even though I can see all the songs listed in the browse section of my car's touchscreen, I can not select a song, artist, etc. from there. Did a setting change I'm missing? I have spent all day trying to figure this out.

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:57 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPod touch’s settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPod touch prior to resetting its settings.

2 replies

Apr 16, 2020 9:48 AM in response to QuickPost

Thank you. This did help to some extent, but not completely. I spoke to Apple support and she kept pushing Apple Car Play, I guess she does not understand that only works with an iPhone, not an iPod touch. The most recent iOS updates seem to be the real killer. It will play, but is now a PITA to be honest. The final migration to apple Music from iTunes was the beginning of the problem, and the update that dropped last week was the final blow, it appears. I guess they think everybody wants to use a phone for everything, I do not, so I guess this is my punishment.

Updated 6th gen iPod touch can't control from vehicle anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.