Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage notifications

I was wondering if anyone knows how I could fix this or why this is even an issue. I have the pro max Incase that makes any difference at all and I have the latest software updates. Ever since I got this phone I have had issues with getting notifications when I get a text (which I have never had this problem with any other iPhone I’ve had, I also don’t think it’s software related just because of how long it’s been going on and the fact that there has been at least 1 more update since getting this phone and it didn’t change anything). The little red indicator on the home screen shows up when I get a text but I don’t get any notification. Not a banner or in my Notification Center. I have all notifications turned on in my settings and I’ve tried turning them on and off but it hasn’t made a difference. I’ve also tried re-starting my phone which helps sometimes but sometimes it still doesn’t help but it always comes back a few hours later. I have all sound on my phone on and my ringer is all the way up un-silenced. I know it’s not an issue with notifications overall because every other application I have notifications turned on for I’m still getting and never have issues with but for some reason iMessage refuses to send me notifications. Sorry this is so long I just wanted to be as detailed as possible.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:13 PM

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 10:13 PM in response to peewee1104

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2020 10:02 AM in response to peewee1104

I don’t get notifications that show up at all, it’s not that anything is silenced or turned off, I’ve checked multiple times and made sure it was all on, they don’t appear as banners, persistent banners (which I have mine set to), in the Notification Center, or on the lock screen. The red indicator on the home screen shows up but that’s all, I don’t even get the notification while I’m on the messages app which I normally would and always have had before.

iMessage notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.