Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD download time

How long should a full length HD movie purchase take to appear in my library?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Hello bridgemark50,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand there's a concern with the length it should take to download a movie to your library. I'll explain and do what I can to help.

It will vary based on your Internet connection and length of the movie. If there are issues connecting when getting the movie, try the steps here to troubleshoot the connection even if you can connect with the service: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If for any reason they stop downloading altogether, try the steps here: If music, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store, Apple Music app, or Apple TV app stop downloading

Thanks and have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 4:45 PM in response to bridgemark50

Hello bridgemark50,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand there's a concern with the length it should take to download a movie to your library. I'll explain and do what I can to help.

It will vary based on your Internet connection and length of the movie. If there are issues connecting when getting the movie, try the steps here to troubleshoot the connection even if you can connect with the service: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If for any reason they stop downloading altogether, try the steps here: If music, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store, Apple Music app, or Apple TV app stop downloading

Thanks and have a great day.

HD download time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.