Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't post on this forum using Safari on my iPhone

Hi

I am a frequent user of Apple Discussions fora. I am writing this using Safari on my mac.

The problem occurs on my iPhone 7, iOS 13.3

For a few days now, it has not been possible for me to post using Safari on iPhone, even though I can do

it on my mac, and I can do it using Firefox on the iPhone.

When I receive an email for a thread that I am following, the link at the top works and takes me to the appropriate thread; the link at the bottom that reads

"To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities"

leads to an error page.

If I go to a thread and click "Reply", I get the usual prompt to use touch id to authenticate, but I am taken back to the thread, not to a reply; and subsequently, the "Reply" button becomes inoperative.

Again, this is only when using Safari on the iPhone. I can copy the address, paste into Firefox and it works there.

I tried restarting the iPhone, without success.

Any suggestions? I am adept at deleting preferences and things like that on the mac, not so much on the iPhone...

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 5:34 PM

Hello Luis Sequeira1,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to post on the Apple Support Communities with the Safari app on your iPhone, but you don't have this issue in a different browser on your iPhone or on your Mac. To help with this, please update the iOS software on your iPhone, and then follow the relevant steps in these Apple resources on Safari issues:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 5:34 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hello Luis Sequeira1,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to post on the Apple Support Communities with the Safari app on your iPhone, but you don't have this issue in a different browser on your iPhone or on your Mac. To help with this, please update the iOS software on your iPhone, and then follow the relevant steps in these Apple resources on Safari issues:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

I can't post on this forum using Safari on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.