Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch series 3

When I walk, I set the walk app. I walk 2 miles for 50 or so minutes. Yet the watch tells me I’m only done 20 minutes of my 30 minute exercise, not closing my exercise ring

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:04 AM

According to this, Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support exercise is counted as a "brisk walk" and it has to do with you moving your arms, and increasing your heart rate. There is a section on an alternative measurement, and it has a link to another support document if you are not able to swing your arms, such as when pushing a stroller. See if that helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 8:04 AM in response to Mejinke

According to this, Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support exercise is counted as a "brisk walk" and it has to do with you moving your arms, and increasing your heart rate. There is a section on an alternative measurement, and it has a link to another support document if you are not able to swing your arms, such as when pushing a stroller. See if that helps.

Watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.