Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 8 plus problem

I have an iPhone 8 plus and for the past couple of months in order to receive or make calls I've had to turn the device off and on again. Anyone aware of the problem and is there a fix rather than turning if off and on again several times a day? The phone is running iOS13.4.1. Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 3:36 PM

Hello,

See the steps in this link:

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Good luck.

2 replies

Apr 16, 2020 4:18 PM in response to MrBill3

I have done all those steps and rechecked them again. The problems I'm having are intermittent...

(1) at least once a day when I try to make a call, any call, I don't hear a dial tone. So I try again and no dial tone. So I try to call different #'s and get no dialed tone with them either. Then I turn phone off and on again and make the same call. Then I hear dial tone and call goes through. It doesn't matter what phone # I'm calling.

(2) I've been told that sometimes my phone goes right to voicemail and it doesn't ring. I don't turn my phone off and it's always charged. If I then try to make a call out I get no dial tone which tells me that somehow this problem is the same as (1). Again, if I turn phone off and then on again then I can receive calls. I've had this phone awhile and know that all settings on the phone are correct and software is up to date. This has all just started happening in the last couple of months and is intermittent. My husband started having the same problem when he had his iphone7 for awhile.

IPhone 8 plus problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.