Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos and videos missing after signing out of icloud

I signed out because I kept getting the notification saying my free storage is used up and when I signed back in about half my photos and videos have gone. On iCloud.com, some were being backed up but have since stopped at 1800. I’m not sure how many there were, but it’s missing some that are still on my phone that now only has about 800 on.

when I go to photos at the bottom it says it’s paused and will continue later, or I can resume it. Thing is I don’t know what I’m resuming?

nothings backed up since I don’t currently have a laptop and I don’t really trust clouds since I’ve had files go missing before.

any idea how to find my pictures and videos, if I can?

ive spent all day trying to figure it out but haven’t got far with it at all.

idk how many times I’ve gone to settings then your name then iCloud and photos etc, what I’ve read online isn’t getting me far.

its really important I get them back, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 3:44 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 17, 2020 7:50 AM in response to dongdingdang

The photos will sync to iCloud. The photos will remain on your phone. iCloud is a syncing system, not an external 'hard drive'. If you delete them on your device, they will delete from iCloud. To increase space available, go Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and select Optimize iPhone/iPad Storage. That will reduce the space required by about 90% when fully effective.

photos and videos missing after signing out of icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.