Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail works fine - except for one address.

I am unable to send my partner an email. Mail seems to send it and it goes into the Sent folder but it never arrives. If I add another person in the "To" line they don't get it either. The recipient is a gmail account and I am whitelisted there. I am spelling everything correctly and I have been successfully messaging for years beforehand.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019), Catalina 10.15.4 Mail 13.4

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 5:21 PM

ed boy Said:

"Thanks for your response I will try your first suggestion. My iCloud email address also does not get a message through so I am reticent to remove my account from mail."

-------

You are welcome.

Three Thoughts...

Did Gmail Work?:

• Was logging in to Gmail and sending it successful?

Use Another Mac:

• As for your second sentence: If you have another Mac to use, try adding this account, and see if you still get this error.

If the above are unavailable not an option, then....

Create a New Admin User:

• If this ends up not being fixed, then I would go about creating a new Administrator account. While logged in to it, try setting this all up and send it with the user's Mail app. If it works, then there is obviously something misconfigured with this current user. So, transfer everything over to this new Administrator user, then trash the current user. You should be all set from there, with a new user.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 5:21 PM in response to ed boy

ed boy Said:

"Thanks for your response I will try your first suggestion. My iCloud email address also does not get a message through so I am reticent to remove my account from mail."

-------

You are welcome.

Three Thoughts...

Did Gmail Work?:

• Was logging in to Gmail and sending it successful?

Use Another Mac:

• As for your second sentence: If you have another Mac to use, try adding this account, and see if you still get this error.

If the above are unavailable not an option, then....

Create a New Admin User:

• If this ends up not being fixed, then I would go about creating a new Administrator account. While logged in to it, try setting this all up and send it with the user's Mail app. If it works, then there is obviously something misconfigured with this current user. So, transfer everything over to this new Administrator user, then trash the current user. You should be all set from there, with a new user.

Apr 16, 2020 9:06 PM in response to ed boy

ed boy Said:

Mail works fine - except for one address:

I am unable to send my partner an email. Mail seems to send it and it goes into the Sent folder but it never arrives. If I add another[...]

———-

What happens when you send it through use of Gmail? Does the same issue occur?

If yes, then that is something in their end.

If not, then remove this eMail Account from Mail. Then add it back.

For Note:

Contact your eMail Provider: Google

I would also contact Google to see what feedback they have for you.

Mail works fine - except for one address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.