Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My junk mail is not refreshing

The junk mail folder on my iPhone, iPad and my work PC has stopped refreshing since last Saturday. I also have the problem of non-junk email being sent to my junk folder and need to check it regularly. My inbox is refreshing with no problems. How do I fix this?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 5:41 PM

Hello rusty_kit_kat,

Thanks for trying those steps and providing an update. You can also take a look at the steps in the first article below to help with keeping your Junk folder consistent across your devices. The second article can help filtering junk mail and with correcting false positives.

Keep the Junk folder consistent between iCloud Mail and macOS

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud

If the issue remains after going through these articles, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 5:41 PM in response to rusty_kit_kat

Hello rusty_kit_kat,

Thanks for trying those steps and providing an update. You can also take a look at the steps in the first article below to help with keeping your Junk folder consistent across your devices. The second article can help filtering junk mail and with correcting false positives.

Keep the Junk folder consistent between iCloud Mail and macOS

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud

If the issue remains after going through these articles, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Apr 18, 2020 5:01 PM in response to BreeZee_17

Hi BreeZee_17, I've tried all that. It's happening on my iPad, iPhone, and even a non-Apple laptop logged into iCloud using Google Chrome. I've restored my phone to original factory settings, restored it to the last backup, logged in and out of my account on my phone, deleted all the mail in my junk folder. And still, I haven't had any junk mail in over a week. My inbox is refreshing normally.

Apr 18, 2020 9:57 AM in response to rusty_kit_kat

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities rusty_kit_kat,

I see that you're having an issue with the mail account on your iPhone. I know it's important to have this app working properly, and I'd be happy to help.

If you're using the Mail app on your iPhone, force close the app, restart your iPhone and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists after trying the steps above, remove the mail account from your device, add it back and then test again. The article below will guide you through those steps, under the section titled "Remove your email account and set it up again".

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

My junk mail is not refreshing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.