Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front Camera not working after ios 13.4.1 update

I'm using an iphone 7 and after i updated the os to 13.4.1 my front camera works perfectly fine on the app but on 3rd party apps (facebook,messenger,insta,snapchat, etc.) rear camera works but when I flip it to front the app would freeze. I did the restart, relaunch, reset settings, reinstall apps, but none of it fixed the problem.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:17 PM

kobe14 Said:

"Front Camera not working after ios 13.4.1 update"

-------

Provide Apple Info on This:

Inform Apple of how you came across this, and how you have troubleshot this thus far. To do so, leave them feedback.

Apple Feedback:

1. Use this Site: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.
268 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 2:17 PM in response to Kobe14

kobe14 Said:

"Front Camera not working after ios 13.4.1 update"

-------

Inform Apple of how you came across this, and how you have troubleshot this thus far. To do so, leave them feedback.

Apple Feedback:

May 8, 2020 6:53 PM in response to mattias2020

mattias2020 Said:

"How to fix?? iphone 7. front Camera not working."

------

Keep Providing Apple Info on This:

Inform Apple of how you came across this, and how you have troubleshot this thus far. The more they know of it, the more they'll see what's going on, and what needs to be looked in to. To leave Apple feedback,....

May 11, 2020 1:30 PM in response to safia33

safia33 Said:

"same problem. Camera not working in snapchat, or social media apps . When will be this issue resolved?"

-------

Provide Apple Feedback on This:

Inform Apple of what you have come across (this error). The more feedback Apple receives of this, the more their engineers will know what is going on. They wont get back to you directly, but the more they know of this issue, the more likely they are to work on this. To do your part, leave them feedback. Go Here...

Apple Feedback:

May 20, 2020 3:19 PM in response to Kobe14

I reported as TheLittle suggested it:

Apple Feedback:

And I also reported on https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ .

Apple needs to receive the most messages/reports we can send so they can be aware of this ****!!

Jun 17, 2020 12:52 PM in response to jmarciano1971

I never replaced my camera and still have this problem.

It's a software problem, more than 400 people had this problem too.

Everybody with this issue must repot to apple!!!!

Inform Apple of how you came across this, and how you have troubleshot this thus far. The more they know of it, the more they'll see what's going on, and what needs to be looked in to. To leave Apple feedback,....

OR/AND

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Jun 20, 2020 5:47 AM in response to Kobe14

Just for you know, this week I talked with apple support about this problem and I also showed this discussion to them, they got a little bit scared by the situation... they suggested that this problem may be envolve with the light sensor. They still didn't resolved my problem and ofered me 3 options: pay for replace the screen, replace de phone OR send this problem to engineering..of course I chosed the 3rd option. I recorded my iphone screen and sand the video showing the problem to them; they also ran a diagnostic on my phone that didn't show any hardware problem. In short, they will contact me on monday HOPEFULLY with a solution...

I'm cotinuing to advice to everybody who has this problem to give the feedback/report bug or contact apple suport so they aware about this ****!

OR/AND

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Jul 15, 2020 5:19 PM in response to houdy161

@houdy161 Read previous posts!!! I described how to solve the problem on the previous page.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251278868?answerId=253056018022#253056018022

@biancaponte This is the production date encoded in the serial number. The date is irrelevant. It is important to check the serial number. One hundred percent all who have a problem with the front camera in third-party applications had an non-original part. I am almost sure that this error does not have people whose phone is 100% original and never disasembled.

Dishonest sellers put the cheapest parts inside and sell them for a profit. Buyers are also to blame, because they most often look for the cheapest offers without checking the history of the device, e.g. with the 3uTools program.

May 13, 2020 2:58 PM in response to eugenio-gaeta

I logged mine over two months ago, not been looked at as far as I can tell :(.

What I did notice today, and this is not a joke:

1. I opened the the camera app, gave it a shake like a snap with the hand shake (not sure if the next step is necessary)
  2. changed between front/back camera

-> camera is alive again!

Now the only problem I have is that face id doesn't work, but the flashlight and the camera do work.

Btw my problem was only black camera viewfinder and no flashlight, I did not get crashes in any app.

Jul 14, 2020 9:09 PM in response to janiyah166

I've finally solved the problem!

I restored the iPhone 7 Plus with all available iOS versions (13.5, 13.5.1, 14beta1, 14beta2) and no version helped. It was just a waste of time! Apple will probably never fix this problem! Accept that a software update will not help.

I found a way to solve this problem.

First of all, I checked with 3uTools that I had the front camera replaced with a Chinese non-original camera! Apple has killed Chinese replacements parts and to solve the problem you need to replace your front camera with the original part from disassembly!

Step by step list of how to deal with the problem:

1. Install 3uTools (Windows only).

2. Connect iPhone to the computer via cable.

3. On the "iDevice" tab, click "View Verification Report".

4. If the front camera has a different serial number than the one assigned to the motherboard, the program will show the information in red "Front camera may be changed". This means, no less, that in your phone camera has been replaced with a non-original part. Replace the front camera with the original one from the disassembly. However, if the program shows the information in green "Normal" (although this is not possible in my opinion), I do not promise that changing the camera will help something.

5. Look after the original disassembly camera. Search on local auction sites. Do not buy the camera on Aliexpress because you will get the cheapest replacement part there. Even the substitutes have the Apple logo, but of poor graphics quality! Therefore, if you want your front camera to work, try to get the original part. The price of original part is around $ 10 - $ 50.

6. Get the right tools for your phone. You will need: screwdrivers (pentalobe, tri-point Y000 and Phillips), suction cup and spudger. In addition, if you want to remain waterproof, a screen tape will be useful.

However, if you are not good at manual work, go to a technician! Wrong screws can kill your phone's motherboard!

A guide on how to replace the front camera can be found here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+7+Plus+Front+Camera+and+Sensor+Cable+Replacement/95688

7. No need to restore the phone after replacement front camera.

If you found this post helpful, click "Helpful"

Jul 15, 2020 2:08 AM in response to Kobe14

Apple doesn't sell original spare parts. The only option to get the original camera is to disassemble it from the iPhone. Do not buy the camera in China, because in 90% you will get a fake.

This photo shows the difference in the quality of the Apple logo print:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-7-Plus-Front-Camera-and-Sensor-Cable/IF333-006?o=1

A careful eye will notice that on this page the Apple logo has been blurred with a marker, but this is not the original part, so I do not recommend buying from this page.

@Kobe14 Where are you from?

Sep 30, 2020 7:27 AM in response to VincentCarlos

For disabled people I paste the solution post from page 14:

I restored the iPhone 7 Plus with all available iOS versions (13.5, 13.5.1, 14beta1, 14beta2) and no version helped. It was just a waste of time! Apple will probably never fix this problem! Accept that a software update will not help.

First of all, I checked with 3uTools that I had the front camera replaced with a Chinese non-original camera! Apple has killed Chinese replacements parts and to solve the problem you need to replace your front camera with the original part from disassembly!

4. If the front camera has a different serial number than the one assigned to the motherboard, the program will show the information in red "Front camera may be changed". This means, no less, that in your phone camera has been replaced with a non-original part. Replace the front camera with the original one from the disassembly. However, if the program shows the information in green "Normal" (although this is not possible in my opinion), I do not promise that changing the camera will help something.

5. Look after the original disassembly camera. Search on local auction sites. Do not buy the camera on Aliexpress because you will get the cheapest replacement part there. Even the substitutes have the Apple logo, but of poor graphics quality! Therefore, if you want your front camera to work, try to get the original part. The price of original part is around $ 10 - $ 50.

6. Get the right tools for your phone. You will need: screwdrivers (pentalobe, tri-point Y000 and Phillips), suction cup and spudger. In addition, if you want to remain waterproof, a screen tape will be useful.

However, if you are not good at manual work, go to a technician! Wrong screws can kill your phone's motherboard!

A guide on how to replace the front camera can be found here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+7+Plus+Front+Camera+and+Sensor+Cable+Replacement/95688

Oct 22, 2020 9:22 AM in response to nicholebryson

For disabled people I paste the solution post from page 14:

Front Camera not working after ios 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.