Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With monitoring enabled all other tracks have reduced volume and no bass

Basically what I want to do is use GarageBand as a virtual Amp so I can practice guitar over a background track or just jam with the virtual drummer. I have one of these little connectors (TC Helicon GO) and everything worke fine. But as soon as I open the Guitar Amp view and enable monitoring, the drummer and background track suddently have no more bass and sound quieter. Now I can see how this would make sense if you wanted to record anything with a microphone. But it doesn't make any sense when I want to play/record my guitar and want to actually hear what the end result would sound like. I can't find any option anywhere to change that behavior.

Another question is can I have monitor enabled at all times even if I am not in the detail view of the guitar track?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 1:19 AM

I found the problem. Guitar Amp Feedback Protection. One of three settings that, for whatever stupid reason, is hidden away outside of GarageBand, in the device settings (Under Settings -> GarageBand.) Freaking annoying. Turned it off, and now I have the exact same sound recording with monitor and playing back the recorded material. This setting should be directly next to the monitor button!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 1:19 AM in response to Debsley

I found the problem. Guitar Amp Feedback Protection. One of three settings that, for whatever stupid reason, is hidden away outside of GarageBand, in the device settings (Under Settings -> GarageBand.) Freaking annoying. Turned it off, and now I have the exact same sound recording with monitor and playing back the recorded material. This setting should be directly next to the monitor button!

Apr 18, 2020 12:53 AM in response to Debsley

I noticed not only does my background track have no bass, the live monitor also has no bass. Like someone went into the equalizer and turned low frequencies all the way down. When I record without monitoring everything sounds right. When I record with monitor, everything sounds terrible. I can hardly hear the drumset over the IRL sounds of playing my electric guitar without turning the volume waaay too high. When I play back the recording, everything sounds amazing like it should.

With monitoring enabled all other tracks have reduced volume and no bass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.