Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Audio monitoring in a mac book pro build in speakers

Hi,

I use a focusrite scarlet solo to connect my guitar to logic pro on my mac book pro.

in logic pro I set the audio input to my scarlet solo and my output to my mac book pro speaker.

but how can I get direct monitor (I need it for midi guitar 2). In the track aI have selected the I icon.

Software monitor in preferens =>audio=> general is on.

but when iplay the guitar I see the sound is comming in but I can’t hear it.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Works here:

Try these setting in Logic's Preferences/Audio/General Tab

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 15, 2021 2:36 PM in response to klm7679

Thank you, Pancenter. I tried this, but it didn't solve the issue. Also, my copy of Logic Pro (10.6.3 trial) does not have two of the dropdowns in your screenshot, as you can see here:

I was able to get monitoring to work by selecting the External instrument plugin when setting up the midi instrument:

Reading up on this, it sounds like an add-on. Is there an upside or a downside to using this?

Still curious why the core functionality isn't working.

Sep 15, 2021 2:40 PM in response to OceanWind

Or perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be setup?

Some other screenshots, just in case:

I took the screenshot while playing the instrument so you can see the input being monitored. This track was not using the external instrument plug-in, so I couldn't hear anything through the Scarlett Solo headphones.

I'm assuming these (above) are all set correctly...?

The above appears after I create the External MIDI with the External Instrument plug-in. Is this set correctly?

Thanks for your help!

How to get Audio monitoring in a mac book pro build in speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.