Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hack

I am concerned about somebody being able to hack into my phone , after almost being scammed I now have plasters over the camera of my phone and fear making phone calls, logging in and out of anything incase somebody is viewing my screen, and I am wary of talking near my phone incase anyone can access my microphone. The only information the scammer had access too was my phone number and first 3 letters/numbers of my post code. Can somebody access my phone with this amount of detail?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:19 PM

Katiek2001 Said:

"I am concerned about somebody being able to hack into my phone , after almost being scammed[...] The only information the scammer had access too was my phone number and first 3 letters/numbers of my post code. Can somebody access my phone with this amount of detail?"

-------

Modify your Credentials:

No one is viewing your screen. But, having fell for a scam, security is of high concern here. So, maybe use a new phone number. But most certainly, consider performing the following:

• modifying your login credentials (New eMail and New Password)
  • associating a different method of payment to your account
  • enabling Two-factor authentication for Apple ID and all other accounts, that have such an option
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 1:19 PM in response to Katiek2001

Katiek2001 Said:

"I am concerned about somebody being able to hack into my phone , after almost being scammed[...] The only information the scammer had access too was my phone number and first 3 letters/numbers of my post code. Can somebody access my phone with this amount of detail?"

-------

Modify your Credentials:

No one is viewing your screen. But, having fell for a scam, security is of high concern here. So, maybe use a new phone number. But most certainly, consider performing the following:

• modifying your login credentials (New eMail and New Password)
  • associating a different method of payment to your account
  • enabling Two-factor authentication for Apple ID and all other accounts, that have such an option

Hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.